RESTON MAGAZINE

Looked back on the first couple of blog entries, I was surprised at how negative my take on life in paradise has been.  I actually like many aspects of life in paradise.   That said, there's one more irritant I feel the need to address and then I'll try to come up with something more uplifting for my next entry.

A long time personal gripe has been the Reston Association's magazine.  This high gloss publication comes out quarterly and, if my cluster is any indication, almost immediately gets dumped in the recycle bin.



I understand the RA feels the need to communicate with all residents and showcase what a special place we all live in.  I mean, who wouldn't want to read about Reston Homes through the Decades or Giving Yourself a Perfect Smile At Any Age?  

I also know the magazine is available on-line.  So why are they spending RA assessments to mail a copy to every family in the community.  STOP !!!  Publicize the fact it is available on line and use the publication savings to do something useful, like cleaning up trails, yanking English Ivy out of a nature area, or planting more trees to make up for the seemingly accelerating loss of tree canopy in the community.   

Speaking of which; what are we paying for the magazine?  I tried to figure it out by looking at the 2017 budget materials, but it appears to be buried in their communications budget, or somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO NEEDS AN OBSTACLE COURSE?

ONE OF THE SMALL PLEASURES OF LIFE IN PARADISE