HIDDEN SPOTS

Maybe because it is the only Reston "village center" to have survived largely in it's original layout, Lake Anne has always been one of my favorite spots.   Lots of folks hate the '60s vibe, but I have to admit I really like it.  I'd certainly rather hang out here than at the hideous Town Center, or Hunters Woods.  Sure, I wish the place had a dive bar and a place that served casual American food, but I admire all of the current merchants and make a real effort to spend some of my limited disposable income down there.

Anyhow, Lake Anne is full of strange little, out of the way spots.  I'd walked by it hundreds of times before I realized it was there, but one of my favorite spots is a public balcony providing a great overview of the plaza. I took this photo early on a July Sunday morning. 

Two uplifting posts in a row !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONE OF THE SMALL PLEASURES OF LIFE IN PARADISE

RESTON MAGAZINE

WHO NEEDS AN OBSTACLE COURSE?